SM 402SX Students in Selected Student Journey Who Earned Nine or More Career Education Units Within the District in a Single Year
Among students in selected student journey, the proportion who successfully completed nine or more career education semester units in the selected year within the district.
Short-Term Career, Undecided/Other, All
Students who met all of the following criteria:
* Convert quarter units earned in the district in the selected year to semester units Multiply SUM (SX03) for quarter units earned in the district by 0.667 to equate to semester units
* AND earned passing grades in nine or more semester units in the district eliminating 8888 and 9999 values at the course level AND [SUM (SX03) for those courses WHERE First character of SX04 IN (A, B, C, P) AND SX03 < 50] 9 units in the district
* WHERE the nine or more semester units earned within the district were considered CTE per SCFF definition AND [CB03 = "*" in TOP_VE_STATUS table OR CB09 IN (A, B, C)]
* AND in the selected year AND WHERE GI03 is within the selected year
* SM 188SY Short-Term Career Education Students Enrolled in the district in the Selected Year for SM 402SY
* SM 188SU Undecided/Other Students Enrolled in the district in the Selected Year for SM 402SU
* SM 188SW All Students Enrolled in the district in the Selected Year for SM 402SW
Percentage and unduplicated count of students
* For the FY2019-20 SCFF, per the SCFF documentation on the Chancellor's Office website, special admit students were not omitted from this metric Selection Criteria. Therefore, counts of students attaining this metric outcome may be different since special admit students are excluded from all SSM metrics per CO decision.
* This includes students who may have earned units in previous academic years, however 9+ semester units must have been earned in the selected year.
* Incomplete grades are included in Course Success and Completed Transfer Level Math and English in the District in the First Year, but are not included in Earned Nine or More Career Education Units Within the District in a Single Year, Successfully Completed Unit Thresholds in Fall Term, Successfully Completed Unit Thresholds in the Selected Year, and Average Number of Units Accumulated by Associate Degree Earners, due to how the underlying data elements are constructed.
* Includes units taken within the same district during the selected year.
* At the regional and statewide levels, only students who achieved 9+ CTE units in a single district in the selected year will be included. If the student achieved 9+ CTE units at more than one district in the selected year, then the student would only be counted once at the regional (if colleges are in the same region) and statewide levels
* Per the MIS DED for SX03, by eliminating 8888 and 9999 values for SX03, the following sections are excluded : o Any noncredit section where CB04 = N o Any credit section where CB04 is in (C,D) and where SX04 is reported as "UG", "UD", "W", "MW", "DR" or "SP" o Any credit section where CB04 is in (C,D) and where SX04 is reported as "I*", "IP", and "RD"